Destination Hawaii - Our First Month
Travel Category: EXTREME TRAVEL ·
Posted 3 years ago
Estimated trip cost: 2000 USD / person, including round-trip tickets from Philadelphia and flight between Oahu and Maui.
Honolulu - Spitting Cave (cliff jumping) - Waikiki - Haiku stairs - Hanauma Bay - Sandy Beach Park - Makapu'u Point Lighthouse - Polynesian Cultural Center - Haleiwa - Skydiving on the North Shore - Kaena Point - Dole Plantation - Pearl Harbor
- Waikiki Beachside Hostel - 32 USD per night
- Kaiaka Bay Beach Park (North Shore) - permit is granted only for Fri - Tue for 52 USD (available in Honolulu, Department of Parks and Recreation). There is no camp open in Oahu for Wed and Thr - all are closed.
- Spero Spera - epic Korean sandwiches! free wi-fi - Honolulu
- Bowle's Burritos - Mexican stuff - Windward coast
- Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - amazing shrimps!
Car: Kia Optima, 900 km / 560 mile trip
Kahului - Haleakala Volcano - Hana (Road to Hana) - Ohe'o Gulch (Seven Sacred Pools) - Waimoku falls - Pipiwai Trail - Mamalu Bay - Lahaina - Banyan Tree Park - Maalaea Bay - Maluaka Beach - Makena Bay - La Perouse Bay - Black Rock - Mokuleia Bay
Night stays :
- Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel - 37 USD per night
- Kipahulu camp (at Haleakala National Park) - 10 USD for the NP permit for 3 days/nights, including camping in any NP camp.
- Papalaua Wayside Park - camp - 15 USD per night
- Thai Food By Pranee - Hana
- Horhitos Mobile Taqueria - Mexican seafood - Kihei
- Bad Ass Coffee Maui - Lahaina
- all around Papalaua wayside Park are free grills right on the shore with a gazebo beside - amazing for sunset BBQ with beers!
Car: Dodge Charger, 1100 km / 680 mile trip